What does it take to be an IT professional?
- Tech savvy
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to diagnose problems
- Great problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
Insurance is heavily dependent on technology for day-to-day operations. IT professionals help develop and maintain the various technology function necessary to keep agencies and companies operating at peak performance.
Technology specialists are heavily involved in developing new technologies used to predict losses, track customer data and help companies underwrite business.
- Test and evaluate network systems
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly
- Answer any questions that members of the company may have about their technology
- Stay up to date on new software and advise company executives on the best software to use
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment will grow faster than the average for occupations through 2024 (11% growth).
Based on the U.S. Department of Labor, the average salary for computer support specialists is over $49,000 annually. Of course this varies by where you live, your work experience and how much passion you bring to your job!