Finance Professional -- what makes a great finance professional?
- Exceptional math skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow established procedures
A finance professional in the insurance industry handles the accounting, budgeting and financial monitoring of an agency or company. They prepare financial reports for the management team, keep accurate records of client payments and billing, and prepare tax returns, among other financial management duties.
- Organize and maintain the companies financial records
- Examine the financial statements and ensure they are accurate and up to date
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenue, and improve profits
High school degree a must, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment will grow faster than the average for occupations through 2024 (10% growth).
Based on the U.S. Department of Labor, the average accountant makes over $67,000 annually. Of course this varies by where you live, your work experience and how much passion you bring to your job!